AlternativeMusic Forum
Doriti să reactionati la acest mesaj? Creati un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectati-vă pentru a continua.

For downloads, biographies and discographies of your favorite artists - try our new FORUM! For live music player, music news, games, horoscopes & more - try our new PORTAL!

AcasaAltMusicUltimele imaginiCăutareÎnregistrareConectare

GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack)

In jos 
AutorMesaj
slapper
Babyface

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 31/05/2008

GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack) Empty
MesajSubiect: GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack)   GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack) Icon_minitimeSam Mai 31, 2008 4:37 pm

GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack) Biopic

Giorgio Moroder (born Hansjörg Moroder on April 26, 1940 in Ortisei, Italy) is an Academy Award-winning Italian record producer, songwriter and performer, whose groundbreaking work with synthesizers during the 1970s was a significant influence on new wave, techno and electronic music in general. Particularly well known are Donna Summer's disco hits produced by Moroder, including "I Feel Love". Moroder is also the founder of the former Musicland Studios in Munich, which served as a recording home for artists ranging from Led Zeppelin and Queen to Elton John for much of the 1980s and 1990s.

Moroder was one of the producers of "Love to Love You Baby" - Donna Summer's 17 minute opus - along with Pete Bellotte. Moroder also produced a number of electronic disco hits for The Three Degrees, two albums for Sparks, and a variety of others including Swedish-born Madleen Kane, Melissa Manchester, Debbie Harry and France Joli.

Born: April 26, 1940
Genre(s): Dance, Rock, Disco, Pop, Electronic Italo Disco
Occupation(s): songwriter, producer
Instrument(s): Synthesizers
Years active: 1966–present

Website http://www.giorgiomoroder.com

Giorgio Moroder (born Giovanni Giorgio Moroder on April 26, 1940 in Ortisei, Italy) is an Academy Award winning Italian record producer, songwriter and performer, whose groundbreaking work with synthesizers during the 1970s was a significant influence on new wave, techno and electronic music in general.

Particularly well known are Donna Summer's disco hits produced by Moroder, including "I Feel Love". Although Moroder is often credited as its producer, "Love To Love You Baby", Donna Summer's 17 minute opus, was actually produced by Pete Bellotte. Moroder also produced a number of electronic disco hits for The Three Degrees, two albums for Sparks, and a variety of others including Swedish-born Madleen Kane, Melissa Manchester, Debbie Harry and France Joli.

Often collaborating with lyricist Bellotte, Moroder scored a number of hits in his own name including "Son Of My Father" in 1972 and "From Here to Eternity" in 1977, and in the following year releasing "Chase", the theme from the film Midnight Express. All were hits in the UK. The full movie score for Midnight Express won him his first Academy Award for best film score in 1978. In 1979 Moroder released his album E=MC˛. Text on the album's cover stated that it was the "first electronic live-to-digital album." He also released three albums between 1977-1979 under the name Munich Machine.

In 1985, Moroder worked with Phil Oakey, frontman of the popular synthpop group, The Human League, to make the album Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder. The following year, Moroder collaborated with his protege Harold Faltermeyer (of "Axel F." fame) and lyricist Tom Whitlock to create the score for the popular film Top Gun (1986), with the most noteworthy hit being the Berlin classic, "Take My Breath Away", which went on to become a huge hit for the group."The Chase" was also used as an entrance theme for wrestling's (then)popular heel group The Midnight Express

He also scored other popular films in the 1980s including American Gigolo, Flashdance, The NeverEnding Story, Thief of Hearts, Electric Dreams and Scarface. The latter score has recently regained popularity due to its use in the popular video game Grand Theft Auto III. Moroder's "From Here To Eternity" and "The Chase" were also used in the Sony PSP game Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Moroder wrote the official theme songs, "Reach Out", for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics, and "Hand in Hand", for the 1988 Seoul Olympics and "Un'estate Italiana" for the 1990 Football World Cup. "The Chase" is now also well-known as the theme bumper-music for the popular late-night AM talk radio program Coast to Coast AM.

In 1984, Moroder compiled a new restoration and edit of the famous silent film Metropolis and provided a new modern rock-and-roll soundtrack to the film. This soundtrack includes pop tracks from the likes of Pat Benatar, Adam Ant, Billy Squier, Loverboy, Bonnie Tyler and Freddie Mercury. He also integrated the old-fashioned intertitles into the film as subtitles as a means of improving continuity, and he also played the film at a rate of 24 frames per second. Since one does not know the correct film speed this choice created a lot of debate. The slightly faster speed makes this version only 80 minutes in length. Known as the "Moroder version", it sparked heated debate among film buffs and fans, with outspoken critics and supporters of the film falling into equal camps. If nothing else, it introduced the silent classic to a new generation of fans.

In 1987, Moroder produced Falco´s song "Body Next to Body".

His song "Tears" was sampled and used as the basis of the DJ Shadow song "Organ Donor" on his 1996 album Endtroducing......

On September 20, 2004 Moroder was honored at the Dance Music Hall of Fame ceremony, held in New York, when he was inducted for his many outstanding achievements and contributions as producer. In 2005, he was given the title of Commendatore by Azeglio Ciampi.

In 2005, a great deal of his work was used in the video game Grand Theft Auto III, and was the entire playlist of the Flashback FM radio station.

Over the years, Giorgio Moroder has produced countless artists, written or produced over 40 songs for films, scored 15 films (including the theme for Midnight Express which won an Academy Award), and won numerous top awards.

GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack) Modo3

Discography

ARTISTS PRODUCED:
* Barbra Streisand
* Miami Sound Machine
* Janet Jackson
* David Bowie
* Graham Nash
* Donna Summer
* Sammy Hagar/Van Halen
* Kenny Loggins
* Pat Benatar
* Jon Anderson
* Limahl
* The Silvers
* Eric Martin-Mr.Big
* Remix Eurythmics
* Berlin
* Jermaine Jackson
* Cheap Trick
* Irene Cara
* Cher
* Chaka Khan
* Freddie Mercury
* Sparks
* Adam Ant
* Janis Ian
* Phil Oakey
* S. S. Sputnik
* Olivia Newton-John
* Elton John
* In Aura Remix
* Bonnie Tyler
* Loverboy
* Bill Medley
* Roger Miller
* Blondie
* Debbie Harry
* Melissa Manchester
* Billy Squier
* Roger Daltrey
* Jennifer Rush
* DeBarge
* Asia
* RuPaul
* Gravity Kills remix

FILM SCORES AND SONGS:
Let It Ride
Fair Game
Over The Top
The Never Ending Story (Co-scored With Klaus Doldinger)
Electric Dreams
Flashdance
Scarface
Superman III
Metropolis (New Score To 1926 Silent Classic)
D.C.Cab
Another Way
American Gigolo
Cat People
Foxes
Midnight Express
Feature Film Songs
Navy Seals
The Never Ending Story
Rambo III
Beverly Hills Cops II
Top Gun
American Anthem
Quicksilver
Thief of Hearts
Thank God It's Friday (Also Produced Oscar Winning Song "Last Dance")

TELEVISION:
The World in Which We Live

ACADEMY AWARDS:
Best Original Song: TOP GUN - Take My Breath Away
Best Original Song: FLASHDANCE - Flashdance-What A Feeling
Best Original Score: MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS:
Best Original Song: TOP GUN - Take My Breath Away
Best Original Score: FLASHDANCE
Best Original Song: FLASHDANCE - Flashdance-What A Feeling
Best Original Score: MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINATIONS:
Best Original Song: AMERICAN GIGOLO - Call Me
Best Original Score: AMERICAN GIGOLO
Best Original Score: SCARFACE
Best Original Score: CAT PEOPLE

GRAMMY AWARDS:
Best Instrumental Song: Love Theme From FLASHDANCE
Best Dance Recording: Carry On - Giorgio Moroder and Donna Summer

SONGS FROM MOVIES:
Take My Breath Away - Berlin / Top Gun
Flashdance - Irene Cara / Flashdance
Call Me - Blondie / American Gigolo
Last Dance* - Donna Summer / Thank God It's Friday
The Never Ending Story - Limahl / The Never Ending Story
Putting Out The Fire - David Bowie / Cat People
On The Radio - Donna Summer / Foxes
All Revved Up - Jermaine Jackson / Beverly Hills Cop II
Quicksilver - Roger Daltrey / Quicksilver
Electric Dreams - Phil Oakey / Electric Dreams
Meet Me Half Way - Kenny Loggins / Over The Top
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins / Top Gun
Wings To Fly - Graham Nash / American Anthem
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother* - Bill Medly / Rambo III
Love Kills - Freddie Mercury / Metropolis
Winner Takes It All - Sammy Hagar & Van Halen / Over The Top
The Chase - Giorgio Moroder / Midnight Express
No See, No Cry - Chaka Khan / Superman III
Hot Summer Nights* - Miami Sound Machine / Top Gun
Here's My Heart - Pat Benatar / Metropolis
Single Heart - DeBarge / D.C. Cab
Strike Like Lightning - Mr. Big / Navy Seals
Here She Comes - Bonnie Tyler / Metropolis
Bad Love - Cher / Fox
Turn Out The Light - Amy Holland / Scarface
They Won't Get Me - Roger Miller / Superman III
Gypsy Soul - Asia / Over The Top
I Will Be Strong - Eddie Money / Over The Top
Party Me Tonight - Stephanie Mills / D.C. Cab
Cage Of Freedom - Jon Anderson / Metropolis
Destruction - Loverboy / Metropolis
On Your Own - Billy Squier / Metropolis
What's Going On - Adam Ant / Metropolis
*Produced
Sus In jos

GIORGIO MORODER (Disco/Synthpop/Soundtrack)
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1
 Subiecte similare
-
» ABC (New Wave/Synthpop)
» A-HA (Synthpop/New Wave)
» MINERVE (Synthpop)
» MESH (Synthpop/EBM)
» KRAFTWERK (Electronica/Synthpop)

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
AlternativeMusic Forum :: ENGLISH :: MUSIC :: Alternative/Indie/Britpop/New-Wave/Synthpop/Electro-
Mergi direct la: