AlternativeMusic Forum
Doriti să reactionati la acest mesaj? Creati un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectati-vă pentru a continua.

For downloads, biographies and discographies of your favorite artists - try our new FORUM! For live music player, music news, games, horoscopes & more - try our new PORTAL!

AcasaAltMusicUltimele imaginiCăutareÎnregistrareConectare

SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock)

In jos 
3 participan?i
AutorMesaj
slapper
Babyface

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 31/05/2008

SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) Empty
MesajSubiect: SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock)   SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) Icon_minitimeSam Mai 31, 2008 10:27 am

SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) Savagegarden

Origin: Australia
Genre(s): Synthpop/Synth-rock/Alternative rock
Years active: 1994–2001

SAVAGE GARDEN ARE:
* One of the most successful duos in pop music history
* Among the most successful Australian recording artists of all time
* In the Guinness Book of World Records for winning an unprecedented number (10) of Australian Recording Industry Association Awards in one year (1997)
* The reigning record-holders for the longest number of weeks on the Monitor/Billboard Adult Contemporary Airplay charts in the US for their singles: ‘I Knew I Loved You’ - (124 weeks) and ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ (123 weeks).
* One of only two Australian bands to have ever had two #1 singles in the US.

SAVAGE GARDEN HAVE:
* Sold over 23 million albums around the world Sold more than 15 million singles around the world
* Had the only one-sided single to spend a full year in the Top 30 of the US Billboard Hot 100 chart (‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’)
* Spent five years in the UK album charts with the only two albums they released
* Had 10 Top 40 chart singles in the UK. Of these, nine charted inside the Top 20 and four inside the Top 10.
* Achieved gold, platinum or multi-platinum status in the following markets:

In 1993, multi-instrumentalist and producer Daniel Jones placed an advertisement in Brisbane newspaper Time Off seeking a vocalist for his five-piece band Red Edge. Darren Hayes, who had previously been a kindergarten teacher, responded and was asked to join immediately after his first audition.

In June 1994, Darren and Daniel left Red Edge to pursue a career together. The new duo was named "Savage Garden"—a name taken from The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice ("The mind of each man is a Savage Garden...") of which Darren is a fan.

By the end of that year, the pair had penned enough songs for a demo tape, which they sent to various record companies around the world. In 1995, they entered the studio to work on their eponymous debut album.

In July 1996, under Roadshow Music, the duo released their debut single "I Want You". The single was a hit in Australia and became the highest-selling single by an Australian artist of the year. The success of the single garnered much interest from many US record labels, and in September, Columbia Records won the bidding war to sign the band. In November, a second single, "To the Moon and Back", was released and was another chart hit—reaching #1 in January of the following year.

"I Want You" was released in the United States in February 1997, where it peaked at #4 and quickly achieved gold status. "Truly Madly Deeply", the band's third Australian single, was released in March and reached #1 just before "I Want You" was released across Europe in April. The duo's debut album, Savage Garden, entered the Australian charts at #1 in March and remained at that peak for 17 weeks—it was released around the world two weeks later. At the end of May, "To the Moon and Back" was the most played song on US radio.

In June, a fourth single, "Break Me, Shake Me" was released in Australia as the band's debut album sat at #3 on the US charts and was certified gold by RIAA. By the end of August, the album was seven-times platinum in Australia, triple-platinum in Canada, and double-platinum in New Zealand and Singapore. At the end of August, Savage Garden was nominated for a record 13 ARIA Awards. The 10 ARIAs won by them in September was also a record, and one that still stands today. Riding this massive wave of popularity was the release of their fifth Australian single, "Universe".

In November, "Truly Madly Deeply" became their third US release, shooting up the charts to blow Elton John's "Candle in the Wind 1997" out of its 14-week run at the number-one spot. By the end of 1997, Darren and Daniel had become international stars.

In January 1998, "All Around Me", a sixth single, was released just as the band kicked off their worldwide tour in Cairns, Australia. By the end of the year, "Truly Madly Deeply" was the most-played song on US radio and the only one-sided single to spend a full year in the Top 30 of the Billboard Hot 100.

As of 2005, the band's debut album had been certified 12-times platinum in Australia, six-times platinum in the United States, and double-platinum in the United Kingdom.

In February 1999, "The Animal Song" (featured in the Disney film "The Other Sister") became a hit in Australia and the US. That September saw the release of a new single previewing their forthcoming album, the smooth, romantic ballad, "I Knew I Loved You."

In November of that year, the duo's second album, Affirmation, was released around the world. It took a month for it to go platinum in the US, largely due to the success of the single "I Knew I Loved You," which hit #1 on the charts, eventually going platinum, and becoming the most-played single on US radio for the year.

Affirmation saw a new turn for Savage Garden: their looks had more similarities to that of mainstream pop and some of their new songs possessed a more Adult Contemporary sound.

The group finished out the year by winning two Billboard Music Awards: Adult Contemporary Single of the Year and Hot 100 Singles Airplay of the Year.

In February 2000, as "Crash And Burn" became the third single from their sophomore album, 1997's "Truly Madly Deeply" was amazingly still on the Monitor/Billboard Adult Contemporary Airplay Chart, breaking the record for length of time for any single on that chart. It would finally drop off the chart after 123 weeks.

In June, Darren Hayes performed "O Sole Mio" at Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti's annual charitable benefit concert Pavarotti and Friends. Savage Garden's great success was reflected once again at the Billboard Music Awards, where they won Best Adult Contemporary Video and No. 1 Adult Contemporary Song of the Year, for "I Knew I Loved You," and No. 1 Adult Contemporary Artist of the Year. "I Knew I Loved You" stayed on the Monitor/Billboard Adult Contemporary Airplay Chart for 124 weeks—overtaking the duo's own record previously set by "Truly Madly Deeply."

In October 2001, Savage Garden officially announced their breakup and the duo went their separate ways. Darren began work on his first solo album. The first single, "Insatiable", was released in 2002 and the album, Spin was released the same year. Spin spawned several UK Top 40 singles, including "I Miss You", "Strange Relationship", and "Crush (1980 Me)".

Darren's second solo album, The Tension And The Spark, was released in 2004, its first single "Pop!ular" becoming a dance hit. Despite a follow-up single, "Darkness", the second album failed to repeat the success of his debut solo album.

The greatest hits package Truly Madly Completely: The Best Of Savage Garden was released on November 7, 2005 and early 2006 in the US, with a new single by Darren Hayes entitled "So Beautiful". The collection contains the hits from both studio albums, alongside five B-Sides and two new songs by Darren Hayes. Several variations of the release also feature a bonus DVD featuring several music video clips, as well as the Parallel Lives documentary video.

Although the two were together for only a short span of time, Darren and Daniel sold over 23 million records around the world and made Savage Garden one of the most successful music duos of the late 1990s.

DISCOGRAPHY:

> Savage Garden (1997) #3 US, #2 UK, #1 Australia
SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) 200px-Savage_Garden-Savage_Garden_%28album_cover%29
> Savage Garden + The Future Of Earthly Delites Bonus Remix Disc (2 CD) (1998)
> Truly Madly Deeply - Ultra Rare Tracks (1998) - Released in Japan only
> Affirmation (1999) #6 US, #7 UK, #1 Australia
SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) 200px-Savagegarden-affirmation
> Affirmation + Declaration Live Bonus Disc (2 CD) (2000)
> Affirmation, The B-Sides (2000) - Released in Japan only
> Truly Madly Completely: The Best Of Savage Garden (2005) - #11 Australia, #25 UK

AWARDS:

Album Savage Garden:

Australia 12x Platinum
Canada 9x Platinum
New Zealand 8x Platinum
USA, India, Singapore 6x Platinum
UK, Philippines 4x Platinum
Sweden, Malaysia, Taiwan 3x Platinum
Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Indonesia, Mexico, Hong Kong, Thailand 2x Platinum
Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Poland, South Africa, Switzerland, Korea, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Japan - Platinum
France 2x Gold
Austria, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, Chile, Peru, Venezuela Gold

Album Affirmation:

Australia 8x Platinum
USA 5x Platinum
Sweden, Canada 4x Platinum
India, Indonesia, Philippines, UK, New Zealand 3x Platinum
Denmark, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Mexico, USA 2x Platinum
Finland, Portugal, Korea, South Africa, Costa Rica, Japan Platinum
Germany, Greece, Italy, Norway, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Venezuela Gold
* Topped the charts in a number of markets, as follows:

Album Savage Garden:
* Debuted at #1 on the Australian ARIA album chart where it spent 7 weeks.
* Spent 102 weeks on the UK Top 200 albums chart (96 weeks were consecutive), having peaked at #2 after its release in March 1998.

Album Affirmation:
* Debuted at # 1 in Australia, where it stayed for 6 weeks.
* Spent 158 weeks in the Top 200 albums chart in the UK (99 of which were consecutive). Of those, 9 consecutive weeks were in the Top 10 and 13 in the Top 20.

SINGLES:

From Savage Garden:
Truly, Madly, Deeply
* Released in Australia March 1997 and hit the #1 slot.
* Stayed there for 8 weeks and went 2 x Platinum.
* Released in USA in November 1997. Peaked at #1 on the Billboard Chart and remained in the US Top 10 for a total of 26 weeks.
* Hit the #1 spot on the European Hit 100 Chart

To The Moon and Back
* Released in Australia in November 1996 and peaked at #1

I Knew I Loved You
* Released in the USA in October 1999 and climbed the charts to #1

ACCOLADES
* ‘I Want You’ was the highest selling single in Australia in 1996
* Channel V Awards in India - Best International Debut Single award for ‘I Want You’ (1997)
* ARIA Awards: The band win in 10 categories (Australia, 1997) :
Album of the Year (Savage Garden)
Single of the Year (Truly, Madly, Deeply)
Song of the Year (To The Moon & Back)
Highest Selling Single (Truly, Madly, Deeply)
Best Group
Breakthrough Artist – Album (Savage Garden)
Best Pop Release (To The Moon and Back)
Best Independent Release (Savage Garden)
Producer of the Year (Savage Garden)
Engineer of the Year (Savage Garden)
* IFPI Platinum Europe Award in recognition of European sales in excess of 1,000,000 (1998)
* 12th Annual ARIA Awards:
* Highest Selling Album ‘Savage Garden’ and Outstanding Achievement Award (1998) APRA Award (Australian Performing Rights Association): Songwriters of the Year (1998)
* Billboard Music Award for Adult Contemporary Single of the Year (1999, USA) for ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’
* Billboard Music Award for Hot 100 Singles Airplay of the Year (1999, USA) for ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’
* 13th Annual ARIA Awards - 1999 – Best Pop Release (The Animal Song)
* Top 10 act on 7 different year-end charts in Billboard Magazine in 1999, based on sales and radio airplay in the US:
Top Pop Artists (#3)
Hot 100 Singles Artists Duo/Group (#3)
Hot 100 Singles (#4)
Top 200 Album Artists Duo/Group (#4)
Top 200 Albums (#9)
Top 200 Album Artists (#10).
Most Played Song on American Radio in 2000 (‘I Knew I Loved You’)
* World Music Award for ‘World’s Bestselling Australian Group’ (2000) Monaco
* 14th Annual ARIA Awards (2000) Highest Selling Album (Affirmation)
* Billboard Music Award for Best AC Video (‘I Knew I Loved You’), #1 AC Song of the Year (‘I Knew I Loved You’) and #1 AC Artist of the Year.
* Most played artist on Australian radio (2000)
* BRMB Music Radio Award for Best International Group (2000)
* 18th Annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers)
* Song of the Year (2001)
Sus In jos
kily
In Utero

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 07/08/2009

MesajSubiect: escelente   SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) Icon_minitimeVin Aug 07, 2009 6:07 pm

thannkkkkk for albumsss
Sus In jos
quinin
In Utero

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 12/04/2010

MesajSubiect: Re: SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock)   SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) Icon_minitimeMar Iul 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Gracias por el aporte, una española afro lol!
Sus In jos
Continut sponsorizat

MesajSubiect: Re: SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock)   SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock) Icon_minitime

Sus In jos

SAVAGE GARDEN (Synthpop/Pop-Rock)
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1
 Subiecte similare
-
» Colaars - Wood Arsenal (Indie Rock / Dance Rock )
» MUSE (Alternative Rock/Progressive Rock)
» THE FRAY (Indie Rock/Piano Rock)
» NICKELBACK (Hard Rock/Alternative Rock)
» REAMONN (Alternative Rock/Pop-Rock)

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
AlternativeMusic Forum :: ENGLISH :: MUSIC :: Alternative/Indie/Britpop/New-Wave/Synthpop/Electro-
Mergi direct la: